TERMS AND CONDITIONS – LetterOne ‘RISING STARS’ Jazz Award
This competition is operated by LetterOne and Air Artist Agency (referred to as ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’)
1.1 The following terms and conditions determine who is eligible to submit their
work, the submission process, the selection of the finalists, the selection of the
winner and the circumstances in which we may withhold all or part of the prize
and disqualify you. By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by
these terms and conditions. Furthermore you agree that if you are selected as
a finalist and/or the winner, we will be granted the right to use your name
and/or image in our publicity.
The prize includes:
- Artist fees for performances at 7 leading jazz festivals in Europe or 10 leading jazz festivals in North America (depending on the applicant’s country of residence).
- International transport within Europe or the US & Canada from and to aforementioned festivals.
- Accommodation on concert dates and other dates that might require your presence.
- Marketing and promotion support coordinated by Air Artist Agency throughout Europe or the US & Canada for the duration of one year.
1.3 Members of the band confirm that they will be available to perform at the 7 European festivals or 10 North American festivals that are to be announced.
1.4 The prize is not transferable and there are no prize substitutions.
1.5 The submission stage requires artists to submit biographical material, photographs, three sound samples and one video link via web upload that illustrates their music. Deadline for all submissions is midnight on September 29th, 2018. The website for uploads is www.l1risingstarsjazzaward.com.
1.6 Artists are required to perform all concerts with the same line-up as used for the submission or alternatively a line-up that has been discussed with and approved by Air Artist Agency.
1.7 If, for reasons out of our control, we are unable to deliver to the winner the whole or any part of the prize we hold the right to substitute all or part of the prize offered for an alternative prize which we reasonably nominate.
1.8 We reserve the right to cancel or alter these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice if circumstances render such cancellation or termination unavoidable (Force Majeure). Any cancellations or alterations can be found on our website: www.l1risingstarsjazzaward.com.
1.10 We have the right to disqualify entrants if we have reason to believe that they have breached any of these terms and conditions.
Radio and TV recording and broadcast is permitted and the honorarium for the corresponding rights is included in the prize and artist fees.
2. ELIGIBILITY ‘LetterOne RISING STARS Jazz Award’ USA 2020 edition.
2.1 To enter the competition, entrants (all band members) must:
- (a) (a) reside in Europe at the time of submission for the European edition and at the time of the European Tour or reside in North America at the time of submission for the North American tour.
- (b) be able to comply with all terms and conditions.
- (c) be able to commit to the tour of which the exact dates will follow.
2.2 If you are a representative of an artist, we require a letter of consent from the artist with his or her signature.
2.3 Applicants residing in the USA or Canada can only apply for the ‘LetterOne RISING STARS Jazz Award’ USA 2020 edition. Their applications for the ‘LetterOne RISING STARS Jazz Award’ Europe 2020 edition will not be considered and their submission will be removed from our database. Applicants residing in Europe will not be considered for the ‘LetterOne RISING STARS Jazz Award’ USA 2018. Applicants residing in Europe can only apply for the ‘LetterOne RISING STARS Jazz Award’ Europe 2020 edition. Their applications for the ‘LetterOne RISING STARS Jazz Award’ North America 2020 edition will not be considered and their submission will be removed from our database. Applicants residing in North America will not be considered for the ‘LetterOne RISING STARS Jazz Award’ Europe 2020 edition.
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION PROCESS
3.1 Artists can send their submissions from August 1st 2020, onwards.
3.2 Submissions must be received by us by midnight on October 31st 2020.
3.3 Submissions must include:
- (a) Biographical material.
- (b) Photographs or a link to photographs.
- (c) Three audio samples.
- (d) One video link.
3.4 During the weeks following October 31st 2020, a panel of judges will select the winner of both 2020 ‘LetterOne RISING STARS Jazz Award’ editions (Europe and North America). The judges will make their decision based on the entrant’s musical talent.
3.5 The winner will be notified by us after October 31st 2020.
3.6 After we have notified the winner, he/she will be announced at various events and media outlets throughout Europe and North America.